Monday, March 24, 2008

The Clock is Ticking...

T-minus 56 days. Three tests, one paper, one packing session, and one 1200 mile drive are all that stand between me and a flight from Houston, Texas to Chiang Kai-Shek International Airport in Taipei, Taiwan. Yikes.

I've started this blog to document my travels and travails in Taipei, where I'll be staying for at least a year to study Mandarin Chinese. If hope is fulfilled and the will holds, I'll be updating it regularly with stories about by endless hours of studying, punctuated by brief and bewildering periods of fun.

As time progresses, these e-pages will be filled with commentary about the city and country that I'll be calling home for the next little while. Expect doses of politics, street life, school life, tourism, and the like - this won't be all about me.

And, for those who care (Mom), I'll even include the occasional photo.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can't wait for some doses of street life in particular. Sweet!